4 Channel Voice-over-T1/E1 Multiplexer
The TC8638 is a 4-channel Voice/Fax/Modem over T1/E1 Multiplexer that allows network managers the flexibility of leveraging T1/E1 circuits by adding low cost analog as needed.
Dialing and paging between TC8638-1 (FXS) units is supported, providing customers flexibility for voice calls. The device is economical, simple to install and comes standard with built-in power redundancy.
The TC8638 is available in two configurations:
- 4-Channel FXS (TC8638-1)
- 4-Channel FXO (TC8638-2)
With two TC8638 cards in one 1U chassis, there are two T1/E1 connections available for following configurations:
- One 8-channel voice multiplexer, T1/E1 primary link and T1/E1 secondary link (in TCRM19F-R chassis).
- Two 4-channel voice multiplexers, each having their own T1/E1 connection (in TCRM19F-I chassis).
- 4-ch. FXS (TC8638-1) or 4-ch. FXO (TC8638-2)
- Mux 4 ch. 2-Wire Telephone/Fax/Modem over T1/E1
- Seven LEDs for T1/E1 Status BPV, LOS, SYNC, AMI, RAI, AIS, CRC
- ESF Framing Support for T1
- PCM31C Framing Support for E1
- Very Low Latency
- Optional Power Redundancy
- 1U or 4U Rack Mount or 1S Standalone Chassis
- 12VDC, 24VDC, -48VDC, 125VDC
- “R2” Push Button for Troubleshooting Local Or Remote Units
A low cost and immediate solution, the TC8638 is typically used to link analog telephones or legacy dial-up devices including data modems, fax machines, meters, ATM, and credit card machines over T1/E1.
- 600 Ohm (2-Wire)4 Ports
- FXS (TC8638-1)4 Ports
- FXO (TC8638-2)4 Ports
- Receiver sensitivity0dB to -36dB
- Line CodeAMI / B8ZS
- Receiver sensitivity0dB to -43dB
- Line CodeAMI / HDB3
- Channel Status (each ch.)Ring (R), Hook (H)
- SystemPWR A, PWR B, Vcc, ALM, RMT
- T1/E1BPV, LOS, SYNC, AMI, RAI, AIS, CRC
- Analog Interface Impedance600 Ohm
- Max Input3Vp-p
- Frequency band300 to 3400Hz
- Bit Error Rate1 in 109 or Better
- Dry ContactNormal Open/Closed
- Standard12VDC @ 500mA
- Optional24VDC, -48VDC, 125VDC, or 115/230VAC (with power cube)
- Operating-10°C to 50°C
- Hi-Temp (optional)-20°C to 70°C
- Extreme (optional)-40°C to 80°C
- Storage-40°C to 90°C
- Humidity95% non-condensing
- Height(3.53 cm) 1.40"
- Width(18.14 cm) 7.20"
- Depth(24.89 cm) 9.80"
- Weight(907 gm) 2.0 lbs
For more information
Product version may differ from current manual. For assistance or proper manual version please contact Technical Support.