Telephone & Audio Multiplexers / Extenders > Telephone Line Bridges
Quick Product Search:
Emergency Phone Line Bridge / Crash Phone
Designed specifically for emergency phone line applications, the TC8938 receives and broadcasts a 2-wire analog POTS signal to up to 7 remote phones. The initiator of the call can have a conversation with up to 7 remote users on the same phone line.
Show Full Description
The TC8938 provides one master FXS port for initiating the emergency phone call. It provides 7 FXS extension ports, each one connecting to 2-wire analog phones. Each remote port provides its own ring generator that rings a conventional 2-wire analog phone.
Diagnostic LEDs for Tx and Rx are included for each channel. Additional LEDs are provided for Alarm, Power A, Power B, and Vcc. Connectors are RJ-11 Female. Power is 12VDC standard, optional 24VDC or 115/230VAC with an external power cube.
The TC8938R PC Card version requires the TCRM191 or TCRM195 19" Rackmount Card Cage. High and extreme temperature versions (-20°C to 70°C, -40°C to 80°C), are available for harsh environments.
Hide Full Description
- One Master Port & Up to 7 Extension Ports
- Voice Bandwidth from 300Hz to 3.4Khz for Toll Quality Sound
- 12VDC Power Supply, Optional 24VDC or 115/230VAC with Power Adapter
- Built-In Power Redundancy
- Rackmount or Standalone
- Hi Temp or Extreme Temp Options
The TC8938 is often used in Crash Phone network applications in airports. Up to 8 users can be linked into one phone-line conversation.
For example, if an emergency at an
airport occurs, picking up the
master phone in the control tower
will automatically ring all remote
telephone extensions. Remote
extensions could be located at local
police, fire, ambulance and health
facility locations. Up to 8 users can
be linked into one phone-line conversation.
A PBX is not required.
- Telephone300 Hz to 3.4 Khz
- Standard8 (1 Host + 7 Remotes)
- ConnectorRJ11 Female
- Interface2 Wire POTS
- Bit Error Rate1 in 109 or Better
- System StatusAlarm, Power A, Power B, Vcc
- Channel StatusTx Rx
- Standard12VDC @1.2A
- Optional24VDC or 115/230VAC w/ ext power cube
Physical (8-ch Standalone)
- Operating-10°C to 50°C
- Hi-Temp (optional)-20°C to 70°C
- Extreme (optional)-40°C to 80°C
- Storage-40°C to 90°C
- Humidity95% non-condensing
- Height(3.53 cm) 1.39"
- Width(18.13 cm) 7.14"
- Depth(24.89 cm) 9.80"
- Weight(887 gm) 1.96 lb