Fiber Optic Multiplexers > Ethernet Multiplexers
Quick Product Search:
Telephone, Data & 10/100 Ethernet Multiplexer (1-9 Ch.)
The TC8520 Ethernet, Phone & Data multiplexer optimizes fiber optic cable usage by multiplexing one 10/100M Ethernet, 4 Telephone and, optionally, 4 channels of serial data over single mode or multimode fiber. A “bi-directional 1-fiber” option doubles existing fiber optic cable usage.
Show Full Description
It converts 2-wire FXS to fiber optics on the telephone side with ring down capability and FXO on the PBX side. Serial data interface options are RS-232, RS-422, TTL and Dry Contact. It also supports 2/4-wire analog (600ohm).
The Ethernet port auto-negotiates at 10/100M with full 10Mbps throughput and enables rate control in increments of 32Kbps. It supports distances to more than 100 km and offers redundant power/optics, including automatic switchover, for maximum reliability. It is available “Industrial Hardened” (-40C to 80C) for harsh environments.
Hide Full Description
- Multiplexes 10/100 Ethernet, 2-Wire Analog POTS and Optional RS-232, RS-422, TTL, Dry Contact
- Network Management (Web, Telnet)
- One Fiber Bi-Directional Communication Optic Option
- Multimode or Single Mode(1300/1550nm)
- Power Redundancy, Optical Redundancy Optional
- 12VDC, Optional 24VDC, -48VDC, or 115/230VAC
- Industrial Hardened (optional)
- Hi-Temp2 Version Exceeds NEMA & Caltrans Traffic Control Specs
Typical applications include extending SDH/SONET backbones and adding Telephone Voice, Ethernet and Serial service to existing fiber optic links. Service Providers use the TC8520 as an efficient, cost effective method to provide their customers withTelephone Voice, Ethernet and Serial connections. The one fiber bi-directional communication, option can double usage of existing fiber optic cable plants.
- Telephone300Hz to 3.4 Khz
- Ethernet10/100 Mbps,(10 Mbps throughtput)
- RS-232Up to 128 Kbps Async, 64 Kbps Sync
- RS-422, TTLUp to 19.2Kbps
- RS-232, RS-422, TTL4
- ReceiverPIN Diode
- Wavelength1300nm Multimode, 1300/1550nm Single Mode
- Optical ConnectorsST , FC, SC
- Loss Budgets *
- LASER20dB SM @9/125µm
- Interface2-wire Analog POTS, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet, RS-232, RS-422, TTL
- Ethernet ConnectorRJ45F
- 2-wire Analog ConnectorRJ11F
- RS-232, RS-422, TTLRJ45
- Bit Error Rate1 in 1010 or Better
- System LEDsPWR A, PWR B, Vcc
- Channel Status (each port)RXD, RLOS, LOS, RLPB, BPV, Alarm
- Optical Signal StatusSyncB, Optic in Use, RXA, RXB, VLIN
- Local and Remote Loopback
- Optional12VDC @ 1.2A
- Standard24VDC, -48VDC,125VDC, 115/230VAC
Physical (Standalone Unit)
- Operating-10°C to 50°C
- Hi-Temp1 (optional)-20°C to 70°C
- Hi-Temp2 (optional)-40°C to 80°C
- Storage-40°C to 90°C
- Humidity95% non-condensing
- Height(6.70 cm) 2.6"
- Width(18.14 cm) 7.1"
- Depth(24.8 cm) 9.8"
- Weight(1.36 kg) 3.0 lbs
* Contact factory for higher requirements